South Florida, more so than any other tropical paradise, is a dynamic community with rich cultural life, filled with prestigious annual and monthly events, high-end leisure facilities to suit any taste, and luxurious property-tax-free real estate.
No wonder it is easy to get lost while looking for an ideal property just for you: Florida simply has too much to offer. Broward and Miami-Dade counties are two of the most popular residential property destinations in the Sunshine State, and each features over 30 cities with limitless perks. But instead of meticulously going through endless listings pages, or doing tedious and energy-consuming research on property websites, a good strategy at first is to narrow down your field of search. And the best way to do that is to find out what you are looking for in your new future residence in the first place and determine which Miami lifestyle suits you the most.
All you have to do is tick the boxes next to the statements that you think apply to you most. Once you are done, calculate the number of times you selected each letter (A, B, C, D, E) and read the results under the letter you selected most often.
Part 1. Priorities
- Family is my top priority. My children are school age and school ratings of the area combined with kids’ entertainment are definitely something I would look into first when looking for a new property. A
- I am relocating for a current/ potential job. B
- It is important for me to have easy access to leisure facilities. I value my free time and have lots of hobbies. C
- The key residence feature I am looking for is privacy. D
- I am an entrepreneur and am currently investigating business opportunities in the area. E
Part 2. Hobbies
- I enjoy being in the thick of a busy cultural life. I am looking for a place in an area with a distinct artistic vibe. E
- I am retired and the only thing I care about is golf. D
- I would like to do shopping and my free time without going far away from my property. B
- I am a nature enthusiast. A
- I wish to move to Florida to pursuit my boating/ fishing/ water sports passion. C
Part 3. Location
- I would like to be able to go to the beach whenever I want, so it is important for the property to be a walking distance away from the ocean. C
- I have been offered/ am currently in active search for a position in a company in Downtown Miami, and I would be glad to find a residence close enough to spare me the tedious commute. B
- I cherish my privacy and am ready to pay more for safety. D
- Close proximity to nature is the key feature I am looking for in my new residence. A
- I would like to live close to the top entertainment destinations. E
Part 4. Property type preference
I would like to live in a:
- studio B
- 1- to 5-bedroom condo C
- penthouse E
- single-family home A
- gated community D
You are most likely looking for a serene neighborhood with single-family homes or quiet gated communities close to schools, entertainment for children and families, nature, and outdoor family-friendly activities.
Take a closer look at these neighborhoods: Bay Harbor Islands, Miami Lakes, Miami Shores, North Miami Beach, Weston.
Your new place in Florida should be close to both your workplace and the epicenter of the bustling cultural city life with its myriad of entertainment options. You also don’t mind living in a smaller apartment as long as it means you are a frequent guest at every exciting event within a short walking distance.
Your perfect neighborhood is probably one of the following: Downtown Miami, Brickell.
You are pursuing your active lifestyle passion, and Florida is a perfect place for you. With limitless boating, fishing, windsurfing, golf, tennis, and many other opportunities, you will feel most comfortable if you settle in these neighborhoods: Coconut Grove, Key Biscayne, Sunny Isles Beach, Surfside, Hollywood Beach.
If you value privacy Florida can offer you an amazing variety of options starting from ultra-private communities on islands with 24-hour security patrol on boats to elite gated communities where class A celebrities will be among your neighbors.
Note these neighborhoods: Golden Beach, Indian Creek, Fisher Island.
If you are looking for the best entertainment Florida has to offer within a hand’s reach, but are at the same time looking for an elegant modern home with top-of-the-line appliances, innovative architecture, and an impeccable location, pay closer attention to these neighborhoods: Wynwood, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, Aventura, Las Olas, Fort Lauderdale.